- "Sustainable Agriculture's Dow Jones Index" (a feature article on how to apply
soil quality indicators to gauging the sustainability of various farm practices.
- "The Ridges of Chippewa County" (a commentary by Kerkhoven, Minn., farmer Jim
VanDerPol about his experience with ridge tillage.
- Information on the Minnesota Intitute of Sustainable Agriculture's new
sustainable agriculture clearinghouse
- farm bill update, factory farm work, urban sprawl news
- "A Foot in the Barn Door" (a feature on how innovative partnerships between
young farmers and established farmers can help get more people on the land.
- "The roots of positive change" (a feature on the Land Stewardship Project's
sources of community organizing techniques, including a resource list of
- Review of the book, "Heart of the Land: Essays on Last Great Places."
- Resource items related to CSAs, case studies, farm transfer material and
- Fall stewardship calendar
The Land Stewardship Letter is a bimonthly publication of the Land Stewardship
Project, a private, nonprofit organization devoted to fostering an ethic of
stewardship for our nation's land and water and to creating and supporting
environmentally, economically and socially sustainable agricultural systems. The
Land Stewardship Letter is not currently available electronically. Members of
the Land Stewardship Project receive this newsletter as a benefit. Annual
membership dues are $30. A free sample copy can be gotten by contacting: Rebecca
Schon Kilde, LSP, 2200 4th St., White Bear Lake, MN 55110; tele. Ð (612)