1. Agricultural Sustainability: Concepts and Conundrums.
R.W. Herdt and R.A. Steiner
2. Long-term Experiments and Their Choice for the Research Study.
3. Economic and Statistical Considerations in the Measurement of Total
Factor Productivity (TFP).
A.I. Rayner and S.J. Welham
4. Long-term Cotton Productivity Under Organic, Chemical, and No Nitrogen
Fertilizer Treatments, 1896 to 1992.
G. Traxler, J. Novak, C.C. Mitchell, jr. and M. Runge.
5. Extrapolating Trends from Long-term Experiments to Farmers' Fields"
The Case of Irrigated Rice Systems in Asia.
K.G. Cassman and P.L. Pingali
6. Wheat/Fallow Systems in Semi-arid Regions of the Pacific NW America.
B. Duff, P.F. Rasmussen and R.W. Smiley
7. Multi-crop Comparisons on Sanborn Fields Missouri, USA.
J.R. Brown, D.D. Osburn, D. Redhage and C.J. Gantzer
8. Major Cropping Systems in India.
9. Sustainability- the Rothamsted Experience.
V. Barnett, A.E. Johnston, S. Landau, R.W. Payne, S.J. Welham and
10. Incorporating Externality Costs into Productivity Measures: A Case
Study Using US Agriculture.
R.A. Steiner, L. McLaughlin, P. Faeth and R.R. Janke
11. Long-term Experiments and Productivity Indexes to Evaluate the
Sustainability of Cropping Systems.
K.G. Cassman, R. Steiner and A.E. Johnston
It's an interdisciplinary work aimed at the professional, and perhaps Ph.D.
grad student level. The initial word we got on price was 60 pounds UK
and $96 US and I don't know if they are offering special deals or not.
Title: "Agricultural Sustainability: Economic, Environmental and
Statistical Considerations." Edited by Professor Vic Barnett, Dr. Roger
Payne and Dr. Roy Steiner. ISBN 0471 95009 2
The address I have for orders is:
Customer Service Department
Southern Cross Trading Estate
1 Oldlands Way
West Sussex PO 22 9SA
Auburn University, which is the
site of the oldest continuous cotton rotation study in the world