APRIL LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
ON MULTI-FUNCTIONAL AGRICULTURE
What: A leadership seminar on multi-functional agriculture
When: April 28 through May 2
Where: The Melon Bluff retreat center on the coast south of Savannah,
Cost: $750 plus transportation—scholarships available
Info: (606) 986-5336 or (413) 587-9302; firstname.lastname@example.org or
TAPROOT is an intensive learning opportunity for people involved in social
change work. The seminar will challenge you to reach new levels of
awareness about yourself and the system in which you live and work. It will
provide exposure to cutting-edge tools and strategies for catalyzing change.
The seminar topic of multi-functional agriculture deals with the numerous
ways in which agriculture contributes to our society by producing healthy
food, clean water, wildlife habitat and regional economic opportunities.
Who should come . . .
Participants are being invited from farm groups, land trust groups,
conservation organizations, rural planning initiatives, rural development
agencies, water quality projects, extension, marketing and environmental
Participants will leave with . . .
· Increased understanding of learning communities, leadership and social
· Increased awareness of mental models and sources of conflict;
· Skills for building healthy teams;
· A systems map which reveals promising opportunities for creating change;
· Strategies for issue framing, creating shared vision and policy change;
· A conceptual understanding of multi-functional agriculture; and
· A plan, developed in interaction with their peers, for follow-up to the
Sponsored by the Learning Communities Project: Carol Anderson, Hal Hamilton,
Mark Ritchie, Barbara Rusmore and Vicki VanZee
To Unsubscribe: Email email@example.com with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg". If you receive the digest format, use the command
To Subscribe to Digest: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the command
All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Feb 06 2000 - 12:00:29 EST