Re: Help Please@ Wheaties:Farmer 5,Tiger Wood

From: Greg & Lei Gunthorp (hey4hogs@kuntrynet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 23:58:53 EST

I think Laura and Donna are on an excellent topic here. The sustainable
agriculture community needs to step up the forefront with the answers to
systems that work economically, environmentally, and socially.
Conventional agriculture is failing. There is no arguement that it is
failing economically. Little arguement or at least little fact shows its
doing as good of a job as possible on the environment and social front. We
are soon approaching the day that it will make little good to talk about the
farmers of the midwest as if nothing changes we are down to the last
generation except for a handful of us that are crazy enough or lucky enough
to remain.

Some days I question what exactly we are accomplishing? The corps are still
taking over agriculture. Is the goal to decimate agriculture and have to
build a sustainable ag community from the rubble?
Best wishes,
Greg Gunthorp
Full time, no off farm income Free range hog, chicken, rabbit, and beef
farmer