RE: RE: Help Please@ Wheaties:Farmer 5,Tiger Wood

From: Donna Fezler (gcr@rhealiving.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 08:18:05 EST

Good question and the same one I asked when I moved to Illinois 7 years ago.
The farmers work long hours in the field twice a year for 6-8 week periods.
For a month prior to these events they work on their machines to get them
ready.

If they do not have a day job they spend the rest of the time-every
morning-at the local cafe shooting the bull. Gardening and family livestock
are too much work and the garden looks ratty anyway by August.

The common midwest farmer is as detached from his food source as an
urbanite.

Donna Fezler
GCR
Jacksonville, IL