- we are either biologically 100% vegetarian or perhaps 98%. Note that
much of the following I will say - applies also to the primates, who are
clearly closest to us of all the animals...and are also vegetarians,
for very rare acts of combat/dominance ritual related cannibalism.
- humans' lack of claws
-lack of fangs
- we have long, pouched/puckered intestinal tract -unlike the short,
walled intestines of carnivore animals. (and when I say carnivore - I
mean "predominantly carnivorous" I say this because ALL animals eat a
of raw vegetable matter).
- presence in our saliva of amylase, a starch dissolving enzyme - in
concentrations not found in carnivores.
- all kinds of DRASTIC enymes and acid/alkaline differences with clear
carnivores, and AMAZING similarities with the vegetarian primates - and
other vegetarian animals, I might add!
- crushing, grinding molars that are 'wired' to crush from side to side,
optimum!! for chewing leafy greens. - contrast with the jaws of
which are 'wired' to open widely and tear flesh...remember - cats and
dogs - though they can thrive on a veg diet - eat grass and other greens
when they can - and can even pick the type and amount to 'cleanse'
something they ate that wasn't so good for them (dogs can be safely
vegetarian, but cats MUST have the amino acid taurine, lest they go
- similar alignments with veg - animals re: method of "sweating", pores,
"panting" to cool down etc. Likewise - drastic diff. between humans and
- let's not depend on that 'gatherer-hunter' shell game. The fossil
shows clearly, and has been interpreted by way better minds than I -
pre-heavy ice age and glacial activity - early humans ate waaaaaaayyy
predominantly organic, raw vegan foods!!! - Leafy greens, flowers, pods,
fruits, berries, roots, nuts, seeds. Animal protein intake was
'stolen' eggs, fish, and occasional small rodents, birds and the like.
To me, the theories that make the clearest sense say that - as
conditions began to make foraging difficult for longer periods and
food/fuel requirements changed - and of course hunting tools/weapons
developed - we began to hunt more - but STILL...the human diet was
predominantly organic plant material!
anyway - hope to hear your views on this - but I feel it is clear that
1. completely designed to optimize health on a raw or nearly raw,
2. equipped with the free-will to choose to do otherwise, which I
3. equipped with the hubris to ignore/obfuscate the damage choosing #2
to the individual, their community/environment, the fresh water supply
planet earth, the topsoil, and ultimately, through massively accelerated
destruction of the rainforests, to the very possibility of humans'
To Unsubscribe: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg". If you receive the digest format, use the command
To Subscribe to Digest: Email email@example.com with the command
All messages to sanet-mg are archived at: