RE: small scale grain thresher?

Andy Clark (aclark@nal.usda.gov)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:29:35 -0400

Also found Cicoria Agricultural Machinery at
http://www.cicoria.it/uk/plot375.html

Both are described below.

Andy Clark, SAN Coordinator
http://www.sare.org/

(Standard government disclaimer: Mention of trade name does not imply
endorsement by the USDA or the University of Maryland, nor does it suggest
that other equipment is not suitable).

Hege 122C Stationary Thresher

The Hege 122C stationary thresher is made with high
capacity and many options. It can be powered by diesel,
gasoline, electric motor, or PTO power. The machine can
also be made as a 3-point or tow behind model.

Hege 16 Thresher

The Hege 16 thresher is designed to be easily adjusted for a
single head of wheat or other cereal grains. It can be used in
conjunction with the Hege 90 single row drill, and can thresh
directly into the magazine trays.

Hege 3SA Seed Cleaner

The Hege 3SA seed cleaner was designed to clean seed lots
ranging from a few grams to a few bushels. The machine has
an oscillating screen pan to increase efficiency and speed,
and has a wide range of screen sizes available for a variety of
seeds.

Hege Equipment, Inc.
13915 W 53rd Street N
Colwich, KS 67030 USA
Phone: (316) 796-0992
Fax: (316) 796-0704
E-mail: hegeusa@aol.com

Hege Maschinen GmbH
Domane Hohebuch
D-74638 Waldenburg, Germany
Telephone ++ 7942/109-0
Telefax ++ 7942/109-99
Telex 74451
E-mail: HegeOffice@aol.com

Cicoria Agricultural Machinery at http://www.cicoria.it/uk/plot375.html

mod. PLOT 375
Technical specifications
Small thresher, ideal for plots of land (hence the name), or
small holdings.
As well as being ideal for the threshing of cereals (corn -
barley - oats), it can be used with perfect results for rice,
legumes (peas - beans - soya, etc.), small-seed plants
(clover and so on), oil seed plants, garden produce, etc.
Its adaptability to so many different plant types comes
essentially from its simplicity; the technical specifications which grant
this are a
regulation in the drum revolutions, and variation in the winnowing blower.
The machine can be mounted on four wheels, two of which are pirouetting.
This is an
ideal answer to the problem of working in one place or with small movements
on
compacted soil or in yards. It can also be mounted on two large tyred
wheels and
towed by means of a tow-bar.
The machine can be powered:

1.By a 2.2KW, three-phase electric motor, when work is in one place, and
near a
mains supply;
2.With an IM 300-type 6 HP four-stroke petrol engine.

The thresher, which has met with particular success, is highly
desirable for the simplicity of its construction, ease of use,
and - above all - complete lack of pollution when it passes
from one product to another.
Threshing is delicate, thanks to a drum with rubber blades,
and the cycle can be observed (even when the machine is
running) thanks to transparent Perspex(tm) panels.
Production rates are a direct ratio of the size, and depend greatly on the
skill of
operators; output varies from 100 to 300 Kg per hour. To optimise output,
it is a good
idea two have two people: one to feed the machine, and the other to check
the
controls and change containers (for both finished product and waste).
The operator feeds the ears into the machine from the top, without leaving
go, while the
drum removes the seeds. When the operation is finished (there is a change
in both the
feel and the sound), the operator need only throw away the seeded ear and
feed the
next one in.
As can be seen, the inlet manifold is closed by a mobile
panel (which stops any seeds coming back out) which opens
when a product is inserted. In the event of difficulty, the
operator can open it manually by sharply depressing the
small lever to the left. This action eliminates residual waste or
any ears which the operator has accidentally let go of.
The shelling operation inside the drum may be followed by
looking through two transparent, semicircular doors. The operator will
notice that the
seeds, together with many tiny particles, move downwards towards the base,
where
there is a collecting bin. What happens is that the seeds, being heavier,
collect at the
bottom, while lighter particles begin to rise to the top, and are
channelled over to the
right where they end up in another bin.
This cycle is dependent upon a suction apparatus mounted on the rear: this
creates a
vacuum which draws in air from the left. The air thus carries all the
particles which are
lighter than the seeds which are being threshed. The vacuum can be
regulated by a
sheet metal diaphragm.

Home | Combines | Forage Harvesters/Choppers | Planting Equipment |
Seed Treaters | Stationary
Threshers/Seed Cleaners | Spraying Equipment | Other Equipment | Plot Marker
& Labels | Calendar of Events |
Let's Talk | Request Information | Dealer Locations |
Company History

"unsubscribe sanet-mg". If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".