Re: Avery vs. Salatin/Installment #1

Lawrence F. London, Jr. (london@metalab.unc.edu)
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:53:10 -0400 (EDT)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. -+|+- Venaura Farm
london@metalab.unc.edu lflondon@worldnet.att.net
http://metalab.unc.edu/london, /permaculture, /ecolandtech
EcoLandTech -+|+- InterGarden -+|+- Permaculture

Turn the taped debate in a collection of .wav or .mp3 sound files and
upload them to a website. I already have these resources set up at:
http://metalab.unc.edu/london/permaculture.html
- look for the upload area - - the download area is there also
This method of file transfer bypasses the need to use ftp for
u/l or d/l. No muss or fuss, just upload the files
then view or download/save them to your computer.

I would be willing to create a special page with the ul/dl
tools on it for this purpose - let me know if you want it.

it could reside at:

http://metalab.unc.edu/london/A-S.Debate.html or whatever you
want to call it.

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Nathan/Rachna Boone wrote:

> Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:35:29 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Nathan/Rachna Boone <nrboone@roadrunner.com>
> To: sanet-mg@ces.ncsu.edu, Jeff Ishee <farmsted@cfw.com>
> Subject: Re: Avery vs. Salatin/Installment #1
>
> Dear Jeff,
>
> Thanks for the response. Would you offer an at-cost email version
> to saneteers? I appreciate your transcribing costs, but am hoping that we
> can cut out copying and postage to save paper and money.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nathan
>

> >Nathan and Saneteers,
> >
> > Great idea, but there are still costs in paying a receptionist for six
> >hours of transcribing the Avery/Salatin debate. If I were with a
> >university or government agency, then I could simply assign the project
> >of transcription to someone lower on the totem pole. But our radio
> >station is not a university or a government agency. This is real
> >world/real costs.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >Jeff Ishee
> >Farm Director/WSVA Radio
> >P.O. Box 752
> >Harrisonburg, VA 22801

"unsubscribe sanet-mg". If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".