__OMRI Projects Coordinator Job Description__
The Project Coordinatorís duties relate to developing and organizing data about
generic materials and specific products for use in organic food and fiber
production and handling. The Project Coordinator reports to the Executive
Director and provides support services to the Technical Director and Policy
Director. It is a permanent position for 30 to 40 hours a week starting at
* Maintaining files on all topics relating to generic materials on OMRIís list:
keeping correspondence, research articles, and other paperwork by subject.
* Library research relating to organic farming and processing materials as
directed by OMRI staff.
* Implementing mailings to Advisory Council members as directed by Policy
* Assisting with writing background papers.
* Special projects with the Technical Director. These may include maintaining
databases, data entry, research, writing, correspondence with brand name
product applicants, and other activities.
* Communications with OMRIís applicants and subscribers about content of OMRIís
program: answering questions about generic materials, preliminary determination
of whether applicants should apply, screening questions to go forward to other
* Logging all details from above communications that need to be directed
towards policy or technical work.
* Other projects as designated by the Executive Director.
* College-level education or equivalent with science or agriculture
* Basic knowledge of agriculture, especially soil fertility and pest
* Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
* Familiarity with library research methods.
* Computer skills including databases, e-mail, and word processing.
* Experience with or knowledge of organic farming is not required but is
The OMRI web site, at www.omri.org, contains information on our work, or
at 541-343-7600 for information. Please send a cover letter, resume or
curriculum vitae, four references that we may contact via phone, and a sample
of your writing skills to Kathleen Downey, Executive Director, Organic
Materials Review Institute, Box 11558, Eugene OR 97440 USA. Job closes
September 9, 1999.
To Unsubscribe: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg". If you receive the digest format, use the command
To Subscribe to Digest: Email email@example.com with the command
All messages to sanet-mg are archived at: