Full time, top management position available with the Organic Materials Review
Institute (OMRI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1997. Its
primary mission is to provide professional, independent, and transparent review
of materials and compatible processes allowed to produce, process, and handle
organic food and fiber.
* Develop and implement policies and decision processes directly related to the
review of generic materials used in the production and processing of organic
food and fiber.
* Ensure the OMRI Generic Materials List is kept up to date with current legal
and industry consensus of appropriate materials and processes.
* Lead and manage the OMRI Advisory Council, an ad hoc body of industry experts
devoted to generic materials policy considerations.
* Considerable organic industry experience with an emphasis on materials
* Ability to manage highly technical reviews of materials.
* Technical writing, library research, database management.
* Ability to interact with the public, regulatory officials, and members of the
technical and scientific community.
* Articulate and capable of making cogent and defensible presentations.
* Direct knowledge of certification and quality systems.
* Advanced degree with emphasis on publication and policy development.
* Ability to travel to meetings and conferences and interact with public.
* Salary is $35,000 and up, depending upon experience.
* Reports directly to OMRI Executive Director. May supervise Technical
Director and Projects Coordinator.
* Benefits include health insurance, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
* Must live in or relocate to Eugene, Oregon area.
* Must be able to start in the fall of 1999.
The OMRI web site at www.omri.org contains information on our work, or call us
at 541-343-7600 for information. Please send a cover letter, resume or
curriculum vitae, four references that we may contact via phone, and a sample
of your writing to Kathleen Downey, Executive Director, Organic Materials
Review Institute, Box 11558, Eugene OR 97440 USA . Job closes August 17, 1999.
To Unsubscribe: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg". If you receive the digest format, use the command
To Subscribe to Digest: Email email@example.com with the command
All messages to sanet-mg are archived at: