* There are 80 million Valiums taken every day in the US.
* The US with 6% of the world population consumes almost 80% of the
illicit drugs in the world.
* Some tens or hundreds of thousand deaths (depends on whose numbers
you use) in the US every year are directly attributable to alcohol.
* Over-the-counter laxatives (and other drugs) are huge business. Look
in most people's bathroom cabinets.
* To say nothing of the nearly 1 billion cigarettes a day in the US,
or caffeine (say I, sippping my tea), or any one of the hundreds of
herbal analogues, vitamin pills, St. John's wort, and such that
you'll find in virtually any "health" food store.
Why is anyone surprised that drugs are used in livestock production ?
Why does anyone think that most of the population will even care ?
To Unsubscribe: Email email@example.com with the command
To Subscribe to Digest: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the command
All messages to sanet-mg are archived at: