The Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF) seeks a highly-motivated,
experienced individual to serve as Executive Director and further CAFF's
mission to build a movement of rural and urban communities to foster
family-scale agriculture that cares for the land, sustains local economies
and promotes social justice.
Description of the Position: The Executive Director is responsible and
accountable for smooth functioning of all of the major management areas of
the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for fostering
teamwork, open communication and collaboration among staff and Board of
Areas of Responsibility
* Chair the Management Team which includes representation from each
of CAFF's Departments. Supervise all senior management staff and ensure
professional development of staff.
* Develop, administer and monitor overall program budgets and
expenditures. Ensure that program expenditures do not exceed available
* Exercise final authority in decisions of hiring, firing and setting
of staff salaries. Guide the staff evaluation process. Approve staff job
* Oversee financial management and provide for the fiscal soundness
of CAFF. Report to the Board on financial issues and guide financial
reporting and analysis. Oversee management of government contracts and
* Act as staff liaison to the Board of Directors, manage all
relations between staff and board, work with the Board President to plan
Board and Executive Committee meetings.
* Work with the Board to ensure that all CAFF operations are in
compliance with the law and within nonprofit governance standards.
* Oversee the fundraising operations to ensure that they adequately
address organizational needs.
Qualifications: Strong experience in 501c(3) non-profit administration and
in administration of budgets that require extensive fund accounting.
Support for the CAFF mission. Demonstrated skills in the following areas:
* Written and verbal communication
* Non-profit management
* Development and management of complex budgets, contracts and grants
* Leadership development and team building
* Human resource management
* Sense of humor and creativity
Benefits: CAFF provides a benefits package that includes three weeks of
paid vacation per year, personal leave, health insurance, holidays and
flexible scheduling. CAFF is committed to recruiting, training, developing
and promoting employees on the basis of individual qualifications,
competence and merit.
To Apply: Call 530-756-8518, ext. 10 or email email@example.com to request an
info packet and application.
CAFF's policy is that all persons are entitled to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status or
Announcement Posted: 2/22/99
Community Alliance with Family Farmers
P.O. Box 363 Davis, California 95617
530-756-8518 (phone) 530-756-7857 (fax)
To Unsubscribe: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the command
To Subscribe to Digest: Email email@example.com with the command
All messages to sanet-mg are archived at: