Seattle Tilth Association's mission is to promote organic gardening and
farming. We educate people to garden and eat organically, and to reduce
waste through composting and conservation, thereby creating a vibrant and
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Development: Financial expansion of the organization through
fundraising, grant writing in support of new and existing programs;
implement strategies to increase membership; cultivate corporate and
individual donors; secure sponsorship of special events; develop planned
giving program; provide sponsor and donor recognition, ensure contract
compliance and negotiation.
* Program and Event Oversight: Programs include: youth and adult
gardening education, compost education, green gardening, special events,
farm outreach. Provide staff support, oversight, and advocacy; facilities
management, develop and monitor budgets together with program managers.
Assist program managers in expansion and diversification of existing
programs. Administer and update personnel policies and procedures. Staff
hiring, evaluation, and professional development.
* Outreach: Expand Tilth's presence in diverse communities. Work with
volunteers, staff, and media to publicize Tilth activities and programs.
Maintain and develop press contacts and press releases. Network and build
coalitions with other greening organizations. Write articles for Tilth and
* Long Range Planning: Facilitate the ongoing development and
enactment of a long-range vision for the organization. Attend board
meetings, assist board in fundraising and program support. Act as primary
liaison between board and staff to ensure effective communication and
problem resolution. Participate in recruitment and recognition of volunteers
and board positions.
* College graduate (or equivalent work experience) plus minimum three
to five years experience in non-profit management.
* Demonstrated experience in fundraising and development.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Well organized,
team player, self starter, creative.
* Ability to work effectively with volunteers and the general public,
in a positive, personable manner.
* Working knowledge of sustainable agriculture and conservation
issues, esp. as applies to an urban population. Love of plants is a plus.
Full-time. Salary 28,000 - $35,000 depending on qualifications plus bonus,
benefit package, EOE. Please send cover letter, resume, and references by
February 1, 1999 (writing sample to be submitted at time of interview) to
Seattle Tilth, 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N., Rm. 1, Seattle, WA 98103. Attn.:
To Unsubscribe: Email email@example.com with the command
To Subscribe to Digest: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the command
All messages to sanet-mg are archived at: