The fundraising committee of the Southern Sustainable
Agriculture Working Group is looking for an independent
contractor to fill a part-time Development position. This person
will be part of team that is responsible for raising the annual
operating expenses for Southern SAWG. Their primary duties will
1. develop and implement an annual fund drive,
2. develop a base of corporate donors, and
3. help develop fundable grant proposals to foundations.
Needed skills for this position:
1. Understanding of values, goals, and strategies of Southern
SAWG (or great inclination to learn).
2. Experience in fundraising -- especially with annual fund drives
and corporate donors.
3. Skills at organizing fundraising programs and activities.
4. Highly developed writing and verbal communication skills.
5. Self-motivated; able to accomplish tasks with little supervision.
6. Able to work with non-traditional, non-profit group that is run
7. Able to respond well to guidance from fundraising team
members and staff.
8. Able to seek feedback and guidance appropriately.
9. Able to handle large sums of cash and understand financial
10. Database skills optional, but desired.
This position will be filled by an independent contractor who will
set their own schedule. They must have their own office with
computer, phone, fax, answering service, and e-mail. The position
is estimated to be 20% FTE (approximately 8 hours per week),
although the work load will vary more or less depending upon the
time of year. We expect that more time will be needed for the first
two months. Compensation will be $10-18 per hour based on
experience and abilities, plus reimbursement for expenses.
If you would like to apply for this position, send a clear and
concise letter that describes the skills and experiences that qualify
you for this position. Specifically address, in order, each of the ten
skills listed above. In addition, send a resume that reveals more
broadly your educational and work experience. For recent work
experience, list the name and telephone number of the person who
supervised your work, so that we can contact them as references.
Also list other references that you feel may be useful to us. Please
also include, as available, brief written examples from your past
fundraising work with annual fund drives and corporate donations.
Send your application materials to: Southern SAWG, PO Box 324,
Elkins, AR 72727.
The selection process will begin on February 1, 1999 and continue
until a suitable candidate is found. Applications need to be
received by January 29 to be considered for the first round of
interviews. Once the position is filled, work will begin as soon as
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
To Unsubscribe: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the command
To Subscribe to Digest: Email email@example.com with the command
All messages to sanet-mg are archived at: