Please include our listing along with sincere appreciation.
Rt 1 Box 1406
Lopez Island, WA 98261
(360)468-2406 e-mail: email@example.com
Karen Gilbert and Marty Clark
Middle Farm is a woman owned and operated farm producing organic
poultry and beef on Lopez Island. We are located in the San Juan Islands in
Puget Sound NW of Seattle Washington. We produce and market pastured meat
chickens and grass fed beef using innovative grazing systems and Holistic
Management model of decision making. We have experience in market
gardening, dairy, lamb, and wool production as well.
We are seeking two people (have separate accomodations) to live and
work full time on the farm from May 1 through part or all of the autumn. We
have 45 years combined experience in farming and a desire to teach both from
that experience as well as from our current commercial endeavors. We are
looking for people who desire to learn the details of an operation such as
ours and who will work the long hours with us to make it happen.
We can offer housing, some food, and $1,000 per person over the
course of the season, in addition to a great opportunity for learning.
We seek these qualities:
* Ability to take instruction well yet be independent when the time comes.
* A true caring for animals and an acceptance of the cycles of birth, life,
and death which occur on a farm.
* Willingness to learn poultry processing including killing, "dressing
out", BBQ/smoking, and marketing.
* Ability to communicate and work with people as well as to spend some time
* Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. and to work hard for extended periods
yet to recognize the limitations of your body and care for it well.
* Experience driving "stick shift" and a willingness to learn the use of
farm machinery both large and small.
* A fervent desire to learn.
We can offer:
* Cabin or trailer with kitchen and detached bathroom, shower, laundry.
* Meat, eggs, and produce from the garden. Some shared meals.
* Occasional use of vehicle.
* Learning opportunity utilizing reading materials, study sessions, "on the
job training", and participation in farm and individual goal setting process.
* Graduated pay system with stipend increasing monthly as you become more
knowledgeable and experienced. Potential to earn $1,000 by the end of the
season. You will need some savings to begin the season.
* Opportunity for individual to take on independent or shared farm business
project later in season for additional earning potential.
Please contact us through any of the above routes for more information.
To Unsubscribe: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with "unsubscribe sanet-mg".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email email@example.com with the command