Food Animal Concerns Trust (FACT), a not-for-profit organization,
is seeking a full-time Farm Program Manager. FACT addresses
food safety issues and humane farming practices through
research, federal policy initiatives, and demonstration farm
projects such as NEST EGGS(r), a highly successful humane
egg production program.
The Farm Program Manager will provide administrative services
for NEST EGGS, and will initiate projects to promote the production
and marketing of humanely produced food animal products.
1. Manage the NEST EGGS project:
a) Monitor farm egg production and calculate farm payments.
Work with the Feed Manager.
b) Track Salmonella enteritidis and water quality testing on the
c) Coordinate processing, delivery and sales to stores.
d) Record egg sales and monitor income and expenses.
2. Survey and prepare for publication a commercial buyer's guide
to free range and organic farm animal production, starting with the
3. Draw up a viable plan for assisting farmers who continue to raise
hogs on pasture. Explore other ways to assist farmers who use
4. Respond to inquiries regarding FACT's humane farm animal programs.
5. Assist in other staff services.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
1. Gives attention to detail.
2. Experience working in farm related programs and with people in rural
3. Demonstrated ability to initiate and organize projects.
4. Familiar with computer word processing and database programs.
5. Works well with others.
6. Appreciates the food safety and animal welfare concerns of FACT.
Send resumes to Food Animal Concerns Trust, P.O. Box 14599,
Chicago, IL 60614. Questions may be directed to
To Unsubscribe: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with "unsubscribe sanet-mg".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email email@example.com with the command