Rodale Institute seeks an individual to fill the position of Socioeconomi=
(SED), either as an Institute headquarters staff member or on a consultan=
t basis. The=20
SED will work within a three-person management unit to:
- Ensure that social and economic issues are adequately addressed in the =
Global Program, especially those issues related to gender and community d=
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of Program results and impacts.
- Develop existing and new Program initiatives and seek opportunities to =
- Represent Rodale Institute in the public sphere as needed.
Rodale Institute is a non-profit 501(c)3 non-government organization whos=
e mission is to=20
work with people worldwide to achieve a regenerative food system that ren=
environmental and human health. More precisely, we promote organic, synth=
agriculture. The Institute=92s Global Program operates according to a mod=
el called the=20
RARC, or Regenerative Agriculture Resource Center, which integrates appli=
education and training, communication activities, and enterprise developm=
RARC projects are being implemented in the United States, Senegal, Guatem=
Russia. This position is available in January, 1996.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An advanced degree, preferably a doctorate or equivalent, in a social s=
discipline (includes anthropology, sociology, economic, political science=
- Fluency in a language/s other than English, and preferably Spanish, and=
- Administrative experience in the public or private sector.
- Supervisory experience in the workplace.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of and working experience with issues related to agriculture,=
and natural resource management in the United States and overseas.
- Knowledge of and working experience with entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with administrators, researchers, l=
farmers, and other sectors within a diverse set of clients.
- Demonstrated capability in successfully attracting financial resources =
- Exceptional writing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to travel extensively within and outside the U.S. for at least =
duration, four times per year.
- Knowledge and familiarity with computers and electronic communications
- Legal resident status in the United States (this is a U.S.-based positi=
Base Salary: $36,000/year
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae by November 16, 1996 via =
electronic mail to:
Jonathon Landeck, Global Program Director