---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 12:37:00 -0400
The Committee for Sustainable Agriculture, a growing environmental non-prof=
seeks dynamic, creative, knowledgeable and energetic person with excellent
communication skills to lead the growth of our organization. Requires
demonstrated experience in annual campaigns, corporate and foundation
grantwriting and solicitation, special events, planned giving, donor resear=
and annual membership drive. Requires computer literacy. Salary $30-35K a=
benefits. Collaboration with Board and advisory groups. Ability to get
results with small development office and minimal support. Must be
independently motivated. Knowledge of sustainable agriculture preferred.
Submit cover letter, supplemental questionnaire and resume by July 3, 1996
to: CSA, P.O. Box 838, San Martin, CA 95046. =20
The following questions and requests for writing samples seek basic
information about your experience for this position. Be certain your answe=
are as complete and detailed as possible. Please use another piece of pape=
to complete your responses.
1. List the pros and cons of four or more methods of raising funds.
2. List the major constituencies from which you would see funds or equipme=
for CSA, ranking them and explaining your ranking.
3. In what ways do you consider non-profit environmental fundraising
different (unique) from other fund raising?
4. Please provide us with a history of your grant writing experience,
successes and failures as well as amounts raised.
5. Sample of two grants you have written that were funded.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, direct and implement CSA=92s
Full-time, 12 months per year (Negotiable)
Range 1: $30-35,000. Benefits & Bonus Plan.
1. Bachelor=92s degree or the equivalent.
2. Three years of relevant experience, demonstrating increasing
responsibility in the area of non-profit development.
Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising techniques for non-profit
2. Apply excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills;=09
3. Work with Board of Directors, Committees, and staff;
4. Establish and develop donor contacts;
5. Effectively interact with persons of diverse socio-economic and ethnic
Examples of Duties:
1. Work with the Administrative Director to identify program needs and
identify external funding sources and implement plans for obtaining support
from those sources.
2. In cooperation with the Finance Committee devise and carry out
development plan for securing additional funds for projects and programs.
3. Identify and cultivate selected donor prospects.
4. Increase membership.
5. Peform related duties as assigned.