SPRING "LAND PATTERNS" TABLE OF CONTENTS
1) "Sprawl: Its Nature, Consequences, Causes, and Remedies," a feature by Henry
Richmond, chairman of the National Growth Management Leadership Project.
2) "Wendell Berry's Sustainable Communities," reprinted from "Another Turn of
3) "Taxes and Sprawl -- Close Relatives," a feature by Pam Neary, former
Minnesota state representative.
4) "Behind the Growth Curve: How Communities Get Hooked On
'Socialized Growth,' " a summary of a Rocky Mountain Institute paper that
explains how local policies that promote "growth" often end up encouraging
5) An article explaining "Transfer of Development Rights" programs.
6) A checklist of what to look for in your community's comprehensive plan
(including danger signs to look for).
7) A list of things to do to stop sprawl without "lying in front of a